Last Date: 20/08/2020.
Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS), Guwahati has released a notification for the recruitment of 3 Assistant Professor vacancy on contract.
No of posts: 3
1. The Centre for Ecology, Environment and Sustainable Development, School of Social Sciences and Humanities (SSS&H) – One post
2. Centre for Undergraduate Studies (CUGS) – Two posts.
Remuneration: Consolidated salary of Rs. 65,568/- p.m. (Pay Band Rs. 15600 – 39100 ; AGP Rs. 6000/-) in 6th CPC as approved by funder.
Educational Qualification: Eligibility (A or B):
i) A Master’s degree with 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point-scale wherever the grading system is followed) in M.A / M.Sc in Environmental Studies / Environmental Management, Geography, Development Studies / Psychology / History and other allied subjects from an Indian University, or an equivalent degree from an accredited foreign university.
ii) Besides fulfilling the above qualifications, the candidate must have cleared the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the UGC or the CSIR, or a similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET or who are or have been awarded a Ph. D. degree in accordance with the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degree) Regulations, 2009 or 2016 and their amendments from time to time as the case may be exempted from NET/SLET/SET:
Provided, the candidates registered for the Ph.D. programme prior to July 11, 2009, shall be governed by the provisions of the then existing Ordinances/Bye-laws/Regulations of the Institution awarding the degree and such Ph.D. candidates shall be exempted from the requirement of NET/SLET/SET for recruitment and appointment of ‘Assistant Professor’ subject to the or equivalent positions in Universities/Colleges/Institutions fulfilment of the following conditions:-
* The Ph.D. degree of the candidate has been awarded in a regular mode;
* The Ph.D. thesis has been evaluated by at least two external examiners;
* An open Ph.D. viva voce of the candidate has been conducted;
* The Candidate has published two research papers from his/her Ph.D. work, out of which at least one is in a refereed journal;
* The Candidate has presented at least two papers based on his/her Ph.D. work in conferences/seminars sponsored/funded/supported by the UGC/ICSSR/CSIR or any similar agency.
The fulfilment of these conditions is to be certified by the Registrar or the Dean (Academic Affairs) of the University concerned.
Note: NET/SLET/SET shall also not be required for such Masters Programmes in disciplines for which NET/SLET/SET is not conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar test accredited by the UGC, like SLET/SET.
i. Quacquarelli Symonds (QS)
ii. the Times Higher Education (THE) or
iii. the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) of the Shanghai Jiao Tong University (Shanghai).
Application Fee: The application fee of Rs. 1000/- be paid on-line. The application fee for SC/ST/PWD candidates will be Rs.250/- if they attach the required certificate to the online application form. The application will be valid only on receipt of the application fee. Fees once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
How to apply: The candidates are requested to apply online through the link (Apply Now) provided along with this advertisement on the Institute’s website at www.tiss.edu.
Advertisement Details: Click Here .