The Kamrup Metro district administration has allowed the shops and stalls dealing with student curriculum books in Guwahati to operate from today [22/04/2020] with some conditions.
A notification in this regard stated, “In pursuance of the notification issued from the Ministry of Home Affairs Book Shops/ Stalls of the Kamrup Metropolitan District who deals with curriculum books for students only are allowed to operate from today with following conditions.
1. They will deal with curriculum books for students only.2. Primarily they will arrange for home delivery of books.
3. In the case of nearby guardians who want to collect books from the book shops/stalls without using vehicles, they may collect books from the book shops.
4. No passes will be issued to any Individual/parents for the collection of books from the book Shops/Stalls.
5. Wearing of masks by the employees, sanitization facility, and social distancing at bookstalls are a must.
6. Book Shops/ Stalls are allowed to open in between 10-00 AM-5-00 PM.
7. For the movement of their employees and vehicles, the proprietors of the Book Shops will issue identity cards to them. No separate permission from the District Administration will be required.