The government of India launched its official COVID-19 tracking app called Aarogya Setu on April 2nd. It is available for both Android phones and iPhones.
Aarogya Setu app warns users if they have crossed paths with any infected people recently. The tracking is done through a Bluetooth & location-generated social graph, which can show your interaction with anyone who has tested positive.
Secretary of Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India has also written a letter to heads of UGC, AICTE, NCTE, NIOS, NCERT, NTA, KVS, and NVS about the benefits of Arogya Setu to students, teachers, faculty members and their family members in the fight against COVID-19.It has a tool for self-testing. The user is asked to answer a number of questions. In case some of the answers suggest COVID-19 symptoms, the information will be sent to a government server. The data will then help the government take timely steps and initiate the isolation procedure, if necessary.
You will be alerted if someone you came in close proximity with, unknowingly, tests positive. The app alerts are accompanied by instructions on how to self-isolate and what to do in case you develop symptoms.
Links to download:
How to set up the Aarogya Setu app?
1. Open Aarogya Setu app on your smartphone
2. Choose your language from 11 supported languages: English, Hindi, Gujrati, Marathi, Punjabi, etc.
3. Click on the Register Now button at the last slide of the information page
4. Allow all the necessary permissions including Bluetooth and location data to work
5. Enter your phone number, tap Submit.
6. Enter OTP manually or wait for the app to detect to automatically
7. Enter necessary details such as name, age, sex, profession and travel history in the last 30 days and click Submit.
8. At last, the app will redirect to the homepage of the app, where it will show the level of risk you have.
So, if it is marked in Green with a text saying ‘You are Safe‘ then there’s nothing to worry about.